WHAT IS NOT FROM SALAFIYYAH
translation of recent tweets by Sh. Muhammad Umar Saalim Baazmul
1) Taking (knowledge) from just anyone without first looking at their situation in dealing with the Sunnah is not from the methodology of the Salaf. It used to be said: “Indeed this knowledge is religion so look at who you take your religion from.”
2) Treating the mistakes of the people of Sunnah like the mistakes of the people of innovation is not from the methodology of the Salaf, for verily every son of Adam is prone to many mistakes. The methodology of a man is to be looked at and his mistake is dealt with upon that basis.
3) Partisanship, making pacts and secret gathering in exclusion to the rest of the people is not from the methodology of the Salaf. It has been reported that: “Whenever you see those who congregate in the masjid in exclusion to the people, then know that they are upon misguidance.”
4) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to incite the people against the rulers and instigate them to rebel, demonstrate, revolt or publicly criticize them, their ministers or appointees.
5) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to abandon the seeking of mandatory knowledge and neglect seeking recommended knowledge.
6) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to attack the scholars, speak against them, to disavow their knowledge and books and to call to burning, destroying and not referencing them due to a mere mistake they fell into.
7) Blind allegiance to opinions and overestimating them is not from the methodology of the Salaf. They used to say: “My view is correct and can possibly be wrong and what my opponent is upon is wrong but may possible be right.”
8) Animosity on account of the mere occurrence of differing is not from the methodology of the Salaf. They used to differentiate in that regard according to a man’s circumstance and the reality of the issue. Differing along with a pure intention doesn’t ruin the love in any case.
9) It isn’t from the methodology of the Salaf to restrict the religion in one issue such as that whoever agrees with me is Salafi and whoever disagrees with me isn’t Salafi. Salafiyyah is a methodology not a single issue.
10) Blind following and blind allegiance without evidence is not from the methodology of the Salaf.
11) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to revile the Sahabah, even just one of them.
12) Involving oneself and delving into fitnah is not the methodology of the Salaf. Rather they avoided and warned against it.
13) Falling into division, differing and mutual hatred is not from methodology of the Salaf. Their slogan was: Do not hate one another and do not abandon one another and be brothers oh slaves of Allah.
14) Innovation and invention is not from the methodology of the Salaf. Their slogan was: Follow and do not innovate for you have been sufficed, and the affair of old is binding upon you.
15) Knowing the truth because of men is not from the methodology of the Salaf such as that anything that came from so and so must be true. Rather, their slogan was: know the truth and you will know its people, know the truth and you will be from its people.
16) Seeking popularity and elevation over people is not from the methodology of the Salaf. For verily loving to be manifested breaks the backs of people and when a youth is given leadership he misses out on abundant goodness.
17) Being concerned with purely intellectual sciences is not from the methodology of the Salaf. Their knowledge was only what Allah said, what the Prophet – صلى الله عليه وسلم – said and what the Sahabah said.
18) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to be silent from advising regarding Allah, His Messenger, His Book, the rulers of the muslims and their masses.
19) Over-inclination to the world and leaving off working for the hereafter is not from the methodology of the Salaf.
20) It is not from the methodology of the Salaf to utilize every verse and hadeeth as evidence until the verse is understood precisely and until the hadeeth is a sunnah that was followed.
21) Exultation above the creation is not from the methodology of the Salaf. They were callers to good, gentleness and mercy.
Post Courtesy: Umar Quinn @AbooSuhailah (hafidhahullaah)
Read the original arabic version @ http://twishort.com/nTPdc
Don’t get fooled by everyone who begins to teach, and thinking that he is qualified enough to take knowledge from – Shaykh Ahmad Bazmool
Watch Video @ http://wp.me/p2sNCV-2rL
Shaykh Dr. Ahmad Bazmool, may Allah protect him, said:
I would like to alert my salafee brothers in every place about a dangerous issue. The issue is as follows: It’s them being fooled by everyone who begins to teach, and thinking that he is qualified enough to take knowledge from.
So, if they see that he’s a person who writes on salafee websites, they think he’s Salafee;
If they see that he has books, they think he’s Salafee;
If they see that he gives sermons, uses complex speech, and uses eloquent phrases, they think he’s Salafee;
If they see that he gathers the youth and encourages them to memorize at-taweed, al-Usool ath-Thalaathah, and that he teaches them these types of affairs, they think he’s Salafee;
If they see that he is a teacher at a university, they think he’s Salafee;
If they see that he teaches in the Prophet’s Masjid or the Haram in Makkah, they think he’s Salafee;
If they see that he’s a judge, they think he’s Salafee;
If they see him delivering lecturers, or appearing in the media, they think he’s Salafee;
All of these things are not sufficient, in reality, to the people of knowledge in order to establish the Salafiyyah of this man and that he is qualified to teach and to benefit his brothers.
All of these affairs don’t benefit him at all. Rather, these affairs are what we find those who stay away from and distance themselves from the sittings of the Salafee scholars using as a means to fool the general people into thinking they are Salafiyoon.
Fine. So what’s the path [we take]?
The way to know if knowledge should or shouldn’t be taken from a person is known by one of two ways:
The first: The scholars recommend and explicitly state: ‘So and So isSalafee and a student of knowledge; benefit from him.’
And I want to bring attention to a situation: If a Shaykh says: ‘So and So is Salafee,’ that doesn’t mean that he is qualified to teach. The Shaykh must mention two things: that he is Salafee and that he is qualified to teach.
We have seen some people fool the general people by saying aShaykh has said that So and So is Salafee. Fine. Did he say he’s a scholar? Did he say he’s a student of knowledge?
Being Salafee is a level, and being a student of knowledge or a scholar is a higher level coupled with Salafiyyah. So, it is not befitting for us to be fooled by these types of situations.
Likewise [we shouldn’t be fooled] just because a person goes toShaykh Rabee’s classes, or that he was in Shaykh Rabee’s house, or things similar to this that people are fooled by.
So, the first thing is that a scholar explicitly expresses a recommendation stating that he is upon the Salafee Manhaj and that he has knowledge;
The second way to know is that his state is well known to the scholars and students of knowledge, and that he has well knownsalafee stances. Likewise, the scholars generally praise him, aid him and help him.
This proves that he is from those who have been teaching and the scholars know about it and have remained silent about him; rather, they have spoken well of him and aided him. This proves, if Allah wills, that he is adhering to the truth.
As for other than these two things that we have mentioned, then beware beware. May Allah bless you. Don’t be fooled, Don’t be fooled by those who have internet forums or by some who possess some of the characteristics that the general people are fooled by.
I say, and I repeat: Those who have internet forums and some of those who have been put to trial may possibly use as a means the mention of Shaykh Rabee’, Shaykh ‘Ubayd, Shaykh Muqbil al-Waadi’ee, may Allah have mercy on him, Shaykh an-Najmee,Shaykh Bin Baaz and Shaykh al-‘Uthaymeen so that they can lure in the general people; so after they lure them in, they inject the poison into them. (1)
For this reason, I also view that we should ask about these websites, should we visit them or not? Have they been recommended or not? This is because they are spreading a portion of knowledge, so either it is beneficial knowledge or harmful … (2)
(1): [TN]: We find this on platforms such as twitter. A person may follow Bin Baaz, al-‘Uthaymeen, al-Luhaydaan, al-Fawzaan, etc. However, the reality is that their actions contradict their claim to following the methodology of these great scholars.
Examples of contradiction are a lack of giving sincere advice by warning against falsehood they fully recognize, ambiguous stances against those who implement the methodology of the Muslim Brotherhood, their views aboutShaykh Rabee’, etc.
You find a clear contrast between them and the major scholars in issues such as these, for example.
(2): Source: http://www.ajurry.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33641
Posted with Permission from @ http://embodyislam.org
Bismillaah Al-Hamdulillaah wa salatu wa salaamu ‘ala rasulullaah
Where is your Gheera (Honorable Jealousy), Oh Salafees?!
by Shaikh ‘Aid Ash-Shamree (hafidhahulalah Ta’aala)
“Should we be scared while the Qur`an and Sunnah are with us? Shame on us!? We are Salafees! And we are scared to defend the truth while the people of falsehood encourage themselves in their defense of falsehood? There is no blessing from Allaah in this life for a fearful and chicken-hearted person – no blessing in this life!
This life isn’t just about a desire for drink and food! By the Lord of the Ka’bah!
Either I live as a Salafee with my head held high, defending the da’wah of Prophet Muhammad, salallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, defending the narrations of the Salaf and defending the scholars of our time, the scholars of the Sunnah such as Al-Albaanee, Ibn Baaz, Ibnul-’Uthaimeen, Shaikh Al-Fawzaan, Shaikh al-Ghudayaan, Shaikh al-Luhaydaan, Shaikh Rabee’ and others amongst the scholars of Salafiyyah who have propogated this Da’wah, otherwise, no! There is no good in us!
There is no good in us! By the Lord of the Ka’bah!
I am amazed!
Why such relentlessness against the Da’wah Salafiyyah?!
Why such relentlessness against the Salafees?!
Why so much praise for the people of bid’ah?!
Why is all this happening?!
Where is your Gheera (Honorable Jealousy), oh you who affirm that Allaah is above His Throne?!
Where is your Gheera (Honorable Jealousy), oh you who affirm that Allaah is above?!
Where is your Gheera (Honorable Jealousy), oh you who affirm that there is neither benefit nor harm except from Allaah?!
Oh you who do not invoke for aid nor in distress except Allaah (alone)!
(Oh you) who considers the prohibition of amulets and that we must swear by Allaah alone, where is your Gheera (Honorable Jealousy)?!
When you are seeing your Imams – those who call to the same Da’wah as yours – being blamed and criticized, while those who praise the deniers of the Istiwaa` – and claim that Allaah is ‘everywhere’ - have become Imams?
Where is your Gheera (Honorable Jealousy), oh my brother?!
Is that where we are?! Have we dropped to this point?!
The one who clings to this Religion becomes stronger, while the one who abandons it (becomes) weak! This Religion is a Paradise; the one who follows its path will succeed, but the one who abandons it will be lost.
He is The Lord, The Noble, free from any imperfection and Exalted is He! The one who sticks to His commands, his strength will be tenfold and he will become powerful by the power of Allaah and His favour.
Otherwise, he has no good in this life.
Nowadays, our scholars get accused of many things, our mashayikh get accused of many crimes, and it is the modern-day Khawaarij, the modern-day Mu’tazila, and the modern-day Ash’aria who have become the Imams?!
Have they become heroic combatants and brave men?! [No!]
But they just want to kill you, oh Salafiyyoon. They want you to quit your Salafiyyah!
But remain steadfast upon it! You have the Adila (proofs) with you; don’t be deceived by their words!
Imam al-Awaza’ee said:
‘Adhere to the narrations (aathar) of the Salaf (the Prophet and Sahaaba), even if the people were to abandon you. And beware of the opinions of people, no matter how much they beautify it with speech.’”
- Defend Allaah’s Religion and Not Those Who Innovate Into it
- Salafiyyah is The Correct Islaam, The Original Affair, The Saved Sect, The Aided Group, What Allaah revealed to His Messenger before the emergence of all the Deviant Sects
- What Shaikh Muhammad ibn Hadee al-Madkhalee said concerning those who leave Salafiyah, selling their religion for imagined harm
Post Courtesy: SalafisOfFlorida Yahoo groups by Maher Attiyeh