It is not permissible to celebrate Milaadun-Nabee (the birthday of the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), nor the birthday of anyone else, since this is from the acts of bid’ah (innovations) that have been newly-invented into the religion. Neither did Allaah’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, nor the Rightly-GuidedKhaleefahs (Successors), nor the Companions, may Allaah be please with them all, nor any of their followers from the first three excellent generations, celebrate this day – and they were the most knowledgeable of people concerning the Sunnah (the Prophetic guidance), and had the greatest love for Allaah’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam and were the foremost in following his Sharee’ah (Prescribed Laws). – Ibn Baaz (rahimahullaah)
Kindly Check the Below Links:
- Did Prophet Muhammad fast on his birthday ? – Shaykh Saleh bin Muhammad al-Luhaydaan [Video|Ar-En Subtitles]
- Ruling on Celebrating Prophet’s Birthday, with Scholarly Refutation of the arguments brought by those who support it- - by Shaykh Dr. Saalih ibn Fawzaan
- The Ruling Concerning Milâdun-Nabî by Shaykh bin Bâz
- The Origins of the Prophet’s Birthday Celebration FREE Booklet
- Congratulating on new Gregorian year, the new Hijri (lunar) year, and the Mawlid (the Prophet’s birthday)
- The Origin and History of the Celebration of the Birthday of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم – Abu Iyaad Amjad Rafiq
- Proof that no Evidence exists for Celebrating the Birthday of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم – Abu Muaadh Taqweem Aslam
Other Related Links:
What do you know about “The Poem of the Scarf”? Famously known as ‘Qasidah-Burdah’ by Muhammad bin Saeed Al-Busairi (601-695 AH) – by Shaykh Muhammad Jameel Zenoo
In the past few years, there is a particular piece of Arabic poetry that has reached the Muslims in the west and has been translated into English. This poem is called Qasidah Al-Burdah by Muhammad Al-Busairi. It is also known as the most famous if not the most famous poem that supposedly praises the Prophet (sallah allahu alieh wasalam).The poem has been widespread in Arabic for nearly eight centuries and many scholars have replied to it in Arabic.
Was the Prophet created from light?
Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Ifta’ (Standing Committee for Academic Research and the Issuing of Fatwas). Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 1/310.
Falseness of the hadeeth, “Were it not for you, I would not have created the universe” .
Fatwas from Standing Comittee and the major Scholars
Writing ‘Ya Allaah & Ya Muhammad ’ – by Rabee’ ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee [PDF]
Loving the Messenger -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam [PDF] Taken from ‘Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah’ By the Muhaddith, Shaykh, Allamaa’ Muhammad Nasir uddeen al-Albaani, Translated by Abbas Abu Yahya
How to Attain Love for the Messenger sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam ?
By The Muhaddith, Shaykh, Allamaa’ Muhammad Nasiruddeen al- Albaani [PDF]