The Khawaarij are the Dogs of the Hellfire
Shaykh ‘Abdul-Qaadir Al-Junayd
The second question: What is the meaning of the statement of the Prophet ﷺ that the Khawaarij are the dogs of the Fire?
Dogs of the Fire; it has been said that they are the dogs of the Fire because they will be in Jahannam in the images of dogs. Or (it is also said) that they, within the Hellfire, will be transformed into dogs due to the severity of the punishment.
May Allaah reward you, O Shaykh.
Translated by: Raha ibn Donald Batts
- A Concise Introduction to the Khawārij – Shaykh Ibrāhīm al-Ruhaylī – [PDF] Translated by Abu az-Zubayr Harrison @ authentic-translations.com
- Descriptions of the Khawārij – Shaykh Muhammad Nāsir al-Dīn al-Albānī [PDF] – 21 Pages
Translated by Abu az-Zubayr Harrison
- Understanding the Texts of Threats – Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Sālih al-‘Uthaymīn [PDF] Translated by Abu az-Zubayr Harrison @ authentic-translations.com
- The Fitnah of the Khawārij – Shaykh Sālih Āli-Shaykh [PDF] 25 Pages
- Khawarij – Nice Article
- The great debate of Ibn ‘Abbas -radiAllaah anhu- with the Khawaarij – Inspirational !! [PDF] Taken from ‘Silsilah as-Saheehah’ (5/12-13), & ‘Moonazaraat ‘aimmat as-Salaf’ p.89-91