Allaah Swears by these 10 Days, odd and even
Allaah swears by these days.
[al-Fajr, ayat 1-3]
1. By the dawn;
2. By the ten nights (i.e. the first ten days of the month of Dhul-Hijjah),
3. And by the even and the odd .
The Prophet (salallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said,
[Ahmad 3/327, and Bazzar 2286]. Ibn Rajab (rahimahullaah) graded the isnad of this hadeeth as being Hasan. [Source: Taken from Lataif al Ma'rif and Tafseer ibn Katheer (rahimahullaah)]
The ten are the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah and the odd is the Day of Arafah and the even is the Eid.
- The Month of Dhul-Hijjah – Al-Istiqaamah Magazine, Issue No.6
- Advice concerning the Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah – Sheikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen
- Significance & Virtues of the Day of Arafah – Compiled from various sources
- Fasting the first Nine Days of Dhul-Hijjah is a Sunnah
- Excellence of Fasting on the Day of Arafah – from Al-Istiqaamah Magazine, Issue No.6
- Virtues of 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah – Sheikh ibn Uthaymeen [Video - Arabic/English]
- Rulings of the First 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah – Shaykh Abdul-Qaadir Al-Junayd [Mp3|Ar-En]
- The Merits of the 10 Days of Dhul Hijjah – by Dr. Saleh as Saleh [Mp3|En]
- The Virtue of the first 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah (Riyaad-us-Saaliheen) – Abu Talha Dawud Burbank [Mp3|En]