Shaykh Al-Albaanee, may Allah shower His Mercy upon him, states in our of his works:
The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said:
‘When the new moon of Dhul-Hijjah appears and one of you wants to do the sacrifice, then he should abstain from (cutting) his hair and his nails.’
And in a narration:
‘Then he should not take anything from his hair or from his nails until he sacrifices.’
– Mukhtasar Saheeh Muslim No.1251 and other than it.
Shaykh Al-Albaani, may Allah shower his Mercy upon Him, comments:
“I say: And the apparent meaning of the hadeeth is the obligation to leave removing the hair and the nails for the one who has resolved to do the sacrifice until he sacrifices … and this is what Imaam Ahmad and other than him have said.
So, let those who are afflicted with the shaving of the beard pay attention to this, for indeed shaving it (the beard) for ‘Eed has in it three acts of disobedience:
The First: The shaving in of itself, for indeed it is to become feminine and to resemble the disbelievers and to change the creation of Allah as I have explained it in my book Adaab-uz-Zifaaf Fis-Sunnatil-Mutahharah (6th Edition, page 118).
The Second: Beautifying (oneself) for the ‘Eed through the disobedience of Allah!
The Third: What this hadeeth has benefitted with from the forbidding of taking (from) the hair for the one who wants to sacrifice. And in reality, very few are those who are saved from these violations (of the religion), even some of the people of knowledge! We ask Allah for safety.”
(Salaatul-‘Eedayn Fil-Musallah Heeyah As-Sunnah, Pp 40-41, 3rd Edition, 1406/1986, Al-Maktab-Al-Islaamee, Beirut ).
Post Courtesy : West_London_Dawah group mailing list
Announcement of the High Judiciary Council (HJC) of Saudi Arabia regarding the beginning of Dhul-Hijjah.
1 Dhul-Hijjah will be on Wednesday 17 October 2012, and the Muslims performing Hajj will be in ‘Arafah on Thursday 25 October 2012 (9 Dhul-Hijjah 1433), and the Muslim Ummah shall be celebrating ‘Eed al-Adhaa on Friday 26 October 2012, (10 Dhul-Hijjah 1433), inshaa.-Allaah.
- The Month of Dhul-Hijjah – Al-Istiqaamah Magazine, Issue No.6
- Advice concerning the Ten Days of Dhul-Hijjah – Sheikh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-’Uthaymeen
- Significance & Virtues of the Day of Arafah – Compiled from various sources
- Fasting the first Nine Days of Dhul-Hijjah is a Sunnah
- Excellence of Fasting on the Day of Arafah – from Al-Istiqaamah Magazine, Issue No.6
- Virtues of 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah – Sheikh ibn Uthaymeen [Video - Arabic/English]
- Rulings of the First 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah – Shaykh Abdul-Qaadir Al-Junayd [Mp3|Ar-En]
- The Merits of the 10 Days of Dhul Hijjah – by Dr. Saleh as Saleh [Mp3|En]
- The Virtue of the first 10 Days of Dhul-Hijjah (Riyaad-us-Saaliheen) – Abu Talha Dawud Burbank [Mp3|En]