Fear Allaah and Do Not Depend Upon Intercession! – Shaykh Rabee’
Translated by Abu Yusuf Khaleefah
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
The Allaamah Shaykh Rabee’ ibn Haadi (may Allaah preserve him) stated:
“There has come narrations concerning the matter of intercession like the the narration of Abu Sa’eed, the narration of Anas and the narration of Abu Hurayrah. Within these narrations (we find) that Allaah brings out of the hell-fire the one who has in his the least amount of faith from those who said “Laa Ilaaha Illallaah”. We benefit from the narration that whoever meets Allaah bearing witness that none has the right to be worshiped except for Allaah sincerely, Allaah will remove him from the hell-fire, even if he has the least amount of faith. That’s because faith increases and decreases. It increases with obedience to Allaah and decreases with the acts of disobedience. It continues to decrease and decrease until the point nothing remains from it except the least amount/an atoms weight. As a result of that, Allaah removes a people from the hell-fire. However with that being said, it is not befitting for the Muslim to depend intercession and embark upon acts of disobedience. Indeed that is a tremendous danger (for a number of reasons):
1. It’s possible that the Muslim can apostate. That’s because the acts of disobedience leads to disbelief. It’s possible that the person’s acts of disobedience can drag him into disbelief and leaving from the fold of Islaam. That’s by the faith decreasing and decreasing until the point it ceases to be by the committing of that which causes the person to be a disbeliever. As a result of that Allaah will not forgive him and he will not allow anyone to intercede on his behalf. Rather his destination will be eternal (punishment) in the hell-fire.
2. Even if his sins and acts of disobedience doesn’t reach the point of disbelief. Rather he is from those who meet Allaah with something of faith along with tawheed and truthfulness in that faith, even if it is the least amount, he will come out of the hell-fire by way of intercession. Therefore whoever meets Allaah not associating with Him anything, his faith is sincerely for Allaah, he says “Laa Ilaaha Illallaah Muhammad Rasoolullaah” and he is sincere in that. If he was to meet Allaah with sins that are similar to the mountains, if Allaah wills, He will pardon him as has come in the narration of the Bitaaqah (the card). If He wills, He will punish him according to his sins. Then after that He will remove him due to his faith, his Tawheed and sincerity (from the hell-fire). However who from amongst is ready to remain in the hell-fire for fifty thousand years?!!
This (punishment is for) the one who didn’t pay the Zakaah. He will remain for fifty thousand years in the punishment (of the hell-fire). How much more so for the one who keeps away from the Salaah?
Therefore the person should not take this matter lightly and depend upon the narrations of intercession and say: The prophets and the righteous will intercede for the people of the hell-fire!!
Indeed it is obligatory that you fear Allaah (with knowledge) and fear Him (due to Him being able to punish you). You have to strive in the performance of the righteous actions and don’t procrastinate in the committing of sins. rather hasten to repentance.
If you fall into a sin, repent to Allaah azza wa jall. Allaah azza wa jall has praised those who don’t remain consistent upon the committing of sins. Allaah azza wa jall has stated:
“And those who when they commit indecency or wrong themselves, they remember Allaah and as a result of that they seek forgiveness for their sins. Who is the one forgives except for Allaah. And they don’t remain consistent upon that which they did while they know better.” (Aali ‘Imraan: 135)
In an authentic narration (the Prophet said):
“Be aware of (that which is considered) the insignificant sins. For indeed they gather up upon the person until they destroy him.” (Musnad of Ahmad 1/402)
Allaah’s refuge is sought from that. The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) stated:
“Protect yourself from the fire even if it is with half of a date.” (Bukhaari and Muslim)
Allaah has stated:
“Fear the fire whose fuel is man and stones prepared for the disbelievers.” (Al-Baqarah: 24)
Many from the people of disobedience will accompany the disbelievers in this hell-fire even if they come out of it due to intercession. However who from amongst us is prepared to remain in the hell-fire for a period of time, and the refuge is sought with Allaah?!”
Taken from “Qurratul-’Aynayn bi Tawdeeh Ma’aanee ‘Aqeedatir-Raaziyayn” by Allaamah Shaykh Rabee’ (may Allaah preserve him) pg. 111-113
- Taking out of the believers in Oneness of Allaah from the (Hell) Fire (dailybenefits.abdurrahman.org)
- Being a Slave to Wealth (salaf-us-saalih.com)
- The religion of Allaah is the most sincere of it and the most correct of it (dailybenefits.abdurrahman.org)