Bismillah Walhamdulillah Wassalatu Wassalamu ala Rasulillah,
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatu,
It is reported that Imâm Muhammad b. Sîrîn – Allâh have mercy on him – said:
There were people who abandoned knowledge and sitting with the scholars, and [instead] took to their chambers and prayed until their skin dried [from exertion in worship]. Thereafter they began to contradict the Sunnah and thus were destroyed. By Allâh, never does a person act without knowledge, except that he spoils and corrupts more than he fixes and rectifies.
Al-Asbahânî, Al-Targhîb wa Al-Tarhîb 3:98
- Won’t you collect your Share?
- Ibn Mas’ud on the Companions [with notes on Bid'ah Hasanah]
- A Sign of Knowledge and a Sign of Ignorance
- Taqwa, Knowledge and Beauty
- Two Requirements for Knowledge
- Food for Thought, not for Stomachs
- Umar b. Abd Al-Aziz on the Way of the Believers